- 25.00 - 50.00 INR
- Promote Nutrition
- 36 Months
- folic acid, zinc, vit b12
- After Food
- Cool Temperature
An iron supplement called ferrous ascorbate increases iron levels in the blood. Ascorbic acid (vitamin C) increases iron absorption from the stomach. This medication is only used to treat hemoglobin disorders caused by iron deficiency.
- Chemical Formula: C12H14O12Fe
- Molecular weight: 406.1
- pH (0.05 % solution in water) Between 5.0 and 7.0
- Loss On Drying Not more than 10.0 % w/w
- Assay: Elemental Iron (on as is basis) Ascorbic Acid (on dried basis) Not less than 13.5 % w/w Between 65.0 % and 85.0 % w/w
How does it work:
It acts as a catalyst in various biochemical reactions in our body, stimulates oxygen transport, and promotes cell growth. Red blood cells and hemoglobin are produced more readily as a result.
Applications Or where it is used:
Ferrous ascorbate is used for the treatment and prevention of iron deficiency anemia when there is not sufficient iron in the diet. It is also used for treating chronic kidney failure-induced anemia. Hemoglobin disorders caused by iron deficiency are the only conditions this drug treats.
By reacting alkali or alkaline earth metals with ferrous sulfate, the corresponding ferrous salts are formed, which are then reacted with ascorbic acid in slightly acidic or neutral conditions in an aqueous medium. In order to obtain ferrous ascorbate, the mother liquor must be filtered.
How to use:
It is best taken on an empty stomach 1 hour before or 2 hours after meals. This medication should be taken with food if your stomach is upset. Do not take an antacid or eat or drink dairy products within 2 hours of taking this medicine as they can reduce its effectiveness.
Dosage of usage:
- Dose: 1.5–2.0 mg/kg elemental iron three times every day regularly.
- Older children: Ferrous sulfate (0.2 g) or ferrous gluconate (0.3 g) given three times every day to provide 100–200 mg elemental iron.
- In children with gastrointestinal side effects: It may be easier to tolerate iron once every other day with good results.
You may experience constipation, diarrhea, or upset stomach. This medication typically causes temporary side effects that go away once your body adjusts. Contact your pharmacist or doctor if any of these effects persist or worsen. Your stools may turn black because of iron.
Warnings and precautions while using this product
Do not exceed the recommended dose or use for longer than recommended. On an empty stomach, take ferrous sulfate one hour before or two hours after eating. Take ferrous sulfate at least 2 hours before or after taking antacids or antibiotics. Swallow the medication whole with a full glass of water.
- Cash in Advance (CID), Cash Advance (CA)
- 1000 Per Day
- 7 Days
- Africa, Middle East, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, South America, North America, Central America, Australia, Asia
311, Atlantis Heights, Sarabhai Main Road,Vadiwadi, Vadodara, Gujarat, 390007, India