Price And Quantity
- 450.00 - 500.00 INR
- 500 INR
- Room Temperature
- 100 micrometers (1.3% <125 micrometers).
- 6 and 13 weeks Week
- 249.3 at 760 mmHg
- max 2.0%
- freely soluble in water
- 144.11 g/mol Grams (g)
- pH % Active Benzoic Acid 5 13.7 6 1.55 7 0
- Max 10ppm
- Sodium benzoate
- Ucephan;FEMA Number 3025;Sobenate;Sodium Benzoate (food grade);FEMA No. 3025;Sodium benzoate (TN);Sodium benzoate solution;EPA Pesticide Chemical Code 009103;Benzoate of soda;Benzoic acid, sodium salt;Antimol;Sodium benzoate [USAN:JAN];Sodium benzoate (JP14/NF);Benzoan sodny [Czech];Benzoic acid,compounds,sodium salt;Benzoesaeure (na-salz) [German];Sodium Benzoic acid;Sodium Benzoate - BP98;
- Pharmaceutical Intermediates
- Cosmetic Grade
- Sodium benzoate is commonly used as a preservative in cosmetics and personal care items, such as hair products, baby wipes, toothpaste, and mouthwash ( 2 ). It also has industrial uses. One of its biggest applications is to deter corrosion
- 99+%, extra pure.
- white crystalline powder
Sodium Benzoate offered by us, is widely used for reducing the inflammation and allergies. This chemical acts as a preservative which is added to some sodas, packed foods, and other personal care products to increase their shelf life. This chemical is clinically tested under numerous parameters to ensure its effectiveness. It is a versatile chemical with preservative, medicinal, and other functions. This chemical is very cost effective and can be easily availed at nominal pricing, by our valued clients, in bulk quantities.
Sodium Benzoate Properties:
- CAS No.: 532-32-1
- Formula: C7H5NaO2
- Molecular Weight: 144.12
- Synonyms: Ucephan;FEMA Number 3025;Sobenate;Sodium Benzoate (food grade);FEMA No. 3025;Sodium benzoate (TN);Sodium benzoate solution;EPA Pesticide Chemical Code 009103;Benzoate of soda;Benzoic acid, sodium salt;Antimol;Sodium benzoate [USAN:JAN];Sodium benzoate (JP14/NF);Benzoan sodny [Czech];Benzoic acid,compounds,sodium salt;Benzoesaeure (na-salz) [German];Sodium Benzoic acid;Sodium Benzoate - BP98;
- EINECS: 208-534-8
- Density: 1,44 g/cm3
- Melting Point: >300 °C(lit.)
- Boiling Point: 249.3 °C at 760 mmHg
- Flash Point: 111.4 °C
- Solubility: H2O: 1 M at 20 °C, clear, colorless
- Appearance: White crystalline powder
- Risk Codes: 36/37/38-62-63-68
- Safety Description: 24/25-36-26
How does it work
As sodium benzoate penetrates into the food cells and balances the pH level, the overall acidity of the food increases. Salt benzoate prevents fungi from growing and spreading by lowering the pH level of certain foods.
Applications. Or where it is used
As a preservative, sodium benzoate is often found in hair conditioners, baby wipes, toothpaste, and mouthwash. Additionally, it is used in the industrial sector. Its main application is to prevent corrosion.
A reaction between chlorine and toluene produces benzotrichloride. Benzoic acid is refined to form sodium benzoate in all cases. The acid can be dissolved in sodium hydroxide solutions to accomplish this. The chemical reaction results in water and sodium benzoate.
How to use
It works in most sodas, vinegar, fruit juice, and salad dressings mixed with other ingredients. In addition, it stops the fermentation of wines. In acidic foods, such as carbonated drinks, jams and juices, pickles, and condiments, it is mostly used as a preservative.
Dosage of usage
FDA permitted the use of sodium benzoate as the first preservative in foods. It is still widely used in food additives today. Generally Recognized As Safe (GRAS) means experts consider it safe as long as it is used in accordance with the label. It is a food additive approved globally and assigned the identifying number 211. It can be found in European food products under the product number E211 as it inhibits the production of potentially harmful bacteria, mold, and other microbes in food, thus preventing deterioration. Acidic foods benefit most from it.
Your risk of inflammation, oxidative stress, obesity, ADHD, and allergies may be increased by sodium benzoate. It may also convert to benzene, a potentially carcinogenic product, but low levels are considered safe in beverages.
Warnings and precautions while using this product
Touching the skin or eyes should be avoided. Protect your hands/clothes/eyes/face with protective clothing and gloves. For several minutes, rinse with water if the substance gets into your eyes. If necessary, remove contact lenses.
- Letter of Credit at Sight (Sight L/C), Telegraphic Transfer (T/T), Letter of Credit (L/C), Cash in Advance (CID), Cash Advance (CA)
- 1000 Per Day
- 7 Days
- Free samples are available
- Africa, Middle East, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, South America, North America, Central America, Australia, Asia
- ISO, GMP
311, Atlantis Heights, Sarabhai Main Road,Vadiwadi, Vadodara, Gujarat, 390007, India